The Proofs of the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) in The Bible
It is significant that we have named the Bible as “distorted” in the heading. Distorted means falsified and changed. All proofs that we are going to present here are proofs about the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) that were carefully removed from the Bible and hence distorted. Despite the precise and careful works of the distorting process to remove each verse that informed about the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) from the Bible, there remained so many proofs. If there are so many signs for Him (PBUH) in the distorted Bible, then how many signs were there in the authentic Bible that was revealed to the Jesus (AS)? Just think of it!
The distortions that Christians and Jews made in their books especially their removing the verses of news that informed about the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) are mentioned in the Qur’an as follows:
“Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: “This is from Allah” to traffic with it for a miserable price! Woe to them for what their hands do write and for the gain they make thereby.” (al-Baqara, 2/79)
“O People of the Book! there hath come to you Our Messenger, revealing to you much that ye used to hide in the Book, and passing over much (that is now unnecessary): there hath come to you from Allah a (new) Light and a perspicuous Book.―” (al-Maeda, 5/15)
The Qur’an informs us that Christians covered up a lot of information that was revealed to Jesus (AS). Some portion of this information is the expression in the Bible about the coming of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). In this section, we are going to analyze the expressions about the coming of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) that exist in the Bible.
1. Jesus said; “If you love me, you will obey my commandments. Then I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Paraclete to be with you forever —” (John 14:16,17)
2. Jesus said; “But the Paraclete, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and will cause you to remember everything I said to you.” (John 14: 26)
3. Jesus said; “I have told you now before the Paraclete comes, so that when he comes you may believe.” (John 14: 29)
4. Jesus said; “When the Paraclete comes, whom I will send you from the Father – will testify about me…” (John 15: 26)
5. Jesus said; “But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I am going away. For if I do not go away, the Paraclete will not come to you, but if I go, I will send him to you.” (John 16: 7)
6. Jesus said; “… But when the Paraclete comes, he will guide you into all truth. For he will not speak on his own authority, but will speak whatever he hears, and will tell you what is to come.”(John 16: 13)
7. Jesus said; “… The Paraclate will glorify me, because he will receive from me what is mine and will tell it to you.” (John 16: 14)
The original word of the Biblical expression given above as Paraclete and given as good news by the prophet Jesus (PBUH) is “Munhamenna” in Syriac and “Periklytos” in Greek. The equivalent word of it in Arabic is”Ahmad”.
The Greek expression of Periklytos of the Bible, that is, “Ahmad” exists as “Briklitus” in some sources. As”Ahmad” (PBUH) is a name of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), it is expressed by the Qur’an that His name is “Ahmad” in the Bible. (See. Saff, 61/6)
And also all characteristics that were mentioned above are owned only by the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Then, it is the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) who is mentioned as the awaited person in the Bible and given the good news about.
Besides, the word of “Paraclete” is explained in Biblical interpretations as “the rightful person who will distinguish the truth and falsehood”; that it, is the name of the person who will lead humans to the truth after Jesus (AS). Can anyone other than Hz. Muhammad (PBUH) who performed this duty more than him be shown in this world?
8. Jesus said; “But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I am going away. For if I do not go away, the Paraclete will not come to you, but if I go, I will send Him to you.” (John 16: 7)
Who other than Hz. Muhammad (PBUH) exists in this world and gives real consolation to the mankind? Yes, it is the prophet (PBUH) that saves man from eternal execution of death and gives them real consolation.
9. Jesus said; “I shall not speak with you for much longer, for the ruler of the world is coming, and I am nothing compared with him.” (John 14: 30)
10. Jesus said; “…When he comes, he will give the world convincing evidence concerning its sin, its righteousness, and its judgment.” (John 16:8)
After the Prophet Jesus (AS), who came other than the Prophet Muhammad (PUBH)as the master of the world and distinguished the right from the wrong and showed humans the true path? And who is worthy of having the title of “the ruler of the world” other than him? And which prophet after Hz. Dawud (AS) other than the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) spread his religion from the west to the east and established a tax system in countries and conquered the hearts of sultans and one fifth of the humanity praised him with prayers and glorification every day? Who can other than Hz. Muhammad (PBUH) be shown as a single person who performed them all? So, the expression used for the person after the Jesus (AS) in the Bible as “the ruler of the world” is for the prophet Muhammad (PBUH). His famous title is “the pride of universe”.
11. “The testimony of John the Baptist is as follows; He confessed – he did not deny but confessed – “I am not the Christ!” So they asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not!” “Are you the Prophet?” He answered, “No!”…” (John 1:20-21)
The prophet John (Yahya) is asked three questions and his answers to all of the three questions are negative:
a. Are you the Christ, that is, Jesus?
b. Are you Elijah?
c. Are you that Prophet?
So, three different prophets are mentioned in the Bible of John. They are Jesus (AS), Elijah and the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)!..
What is understood from these expressions is that; “that Prophet” is different from Jesus (AS). So, who is the person that revealed to the people of what he heard from God and that not lived during the time of the Prophet Jesus and mentioned as “that Prophet” other than the Prophet Jesus? Of course; the prophet Muhammad (PBUH). For no other person apart from the Prophet Muhammad can be shown as a second person after Jesus (AS) who performed the duty of the prophethood and gained an important place in history.
12. “Watch out for false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are voracious wolves. You will recognize them by their fruit. Grapes are not gathered from thorns or figs from thistles, are they? In the same way, every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree is not able to bear bad fruit, nor a bad tree to bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will recognize them by their fruit.” (Matthew 7:15-20)
No part of the Bible says that there is no prophet after Jesus (AS). However, the following criterion is given in order to recognize the ones who claim prophethood:
“Recognize them by their fruit and identify the liar and truthful…”
If there had not been any prophets after Jesus (AS), he could have given a short and decisive answer like this:”There will not be any prophets after me, He who claims prophethood after me, is definitely a liar.” So, the method of Jesus (AS) for identifying the liar and truthful prophet is a proof which is enough for the coming of a new prophet after Jesus.
The coming of a prophet after Jesus (AS) is also enough for the prophethood of the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) because after Jesus (AS), the fruitful result of the forming of societies who believe in God, reliance for God, love for God and quitting of idol worshipping was achieved only with the religion that was brought by the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
13. Jesus (AS) comes to Jerusalem. He starts to preach every day. However, prominent figures, oracles and religious figures want to kill him. Jesus (AS) gives them the following message:
“If you do not believe in these truths, God will bestow them on another nation that will believe and live according to them…”
In one of his teachings, he explains the example given below and the truth behind it to the oracles;
The parable of Landowner (Matthew 21:33-46; Mark 12:1-12; Luke 20:9-19)
“Listen to another parable: There was a landowner who planted a vineyard. He put a fence around it, dug a pit for its winepress, and built a watchtower. Then he leased it to tenant farmers and went on a journey. When the harvest time was near, he sent his slaves to the tenants to collect his portion of the crop. But the tenants seized his slaves, beat one, killed another, and stoned another. Again he sent other slaves, more than the first, and they treated them the same way. Finally he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’ But when the tenants saw the son, they said to themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let’s kill him and get his inheritance!’ So they seized him, threw him out of the vineyard, and killed him. Now when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those tenants?”
They replied to Jesus as follows:
“He will utterly destroy those evil men! Then he will lease the vineyard to other tenants who will give him his portion at the harvest.”
Jesus asked them:
“Have you never read in the scriptures? “The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. This is from the Lord, and it is marvelous in our eyes!” For this reason, I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. The one who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, and the one on whom it falls will be crushed.” (Matthew 21:43)
When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard his parables, they realized that he was speaking about them.
They wanted to arrest him, but they were afraid of the crowds, because the crowds regarded him as a prophet.
“…For this reason I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit…”
“The Stone” stated in those sentences are definitely the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and the people who will be given the property of God are the ummah (community) of Islam… The efforts of interpreting “the stone” as Jesus (AS) by Christian scholars are in vain.
a. It is certainly understood from the sentence that the person explained with the imagery of stone will be different from Jesus (AS) who is claimed as the son of God. (God forbid).
b. According to their claim, Jesus (AS) was killed by Jews. Is not appropriate to ask what is the point of falling of the stone on them as the one on whom it falls will be crushed?
c. Jesus (AS) said in the Bible of John, 12:47; “If anyone hears my words and does not obey them, I do not judge him. For I have not come to judge the world, but to save the world…” as this is against the function being a “stone” as explained above because according to the expression of the Bible, the one who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, and the one on whom it falls will be crushed.”
d. In Psalms, it is stated that it was astonishing that the stone became the cornerstone with the expression, “… and it is marvelous in our eyes.” According to the claim of Christians, David (AS) respected Jesus (AS) so much that –God forbid- he used to think that Jesus is God. So why does he find it astonishing that Jesus is the cornerstone? So, this person must be different from Jesus (AS) and his prophethood must be regarded astonishing. The reality behind this is as follows: Since the Sons of Israelites were not born from Hz. Hajar and do not come from this family, they see the Sons of Ishmael as equivalent with themselves and actually no appearance of any prophets from the family of Ishmael (AS) may be the cause of their bewilderment.
e. The prophet Muhammad (PBUH) whose trueness and rightness is proved by certain proofs, expressed in the following hadith that the stone was himself:
“The simile of the prophets before me and me is like a mansion which is made so beautiful but a stone of it is missing. The people who look at it are amazed with its beauty; however, they wonder about the missing stone. Here that mansion is completed with me and the prophethood end with me.” (1)
14. In the Bible, it is mentioned about the prophet that will come and that will become the master of the universe as “the one who has got Sayf and staff.” (2) The Arabic word of Sayf here means sword. So, the prophet has a duty of Jihad. So, this person cannot be Jesus (AS) because he was not appointed to make Jihad and He did not fight in a war. “The owner of sword” can only be the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). For the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and His ummah was appointed to make Jihad. Besides, the Prophet Muhammad has a staff and he used to carry a staff with him.
15. And again, the prophet that will come in the future is mentioned as “Sahib-ut Taj” (the owner of crown). (3) This is also peculiar to the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Taj means turban that is wrapped around the head. In ancient times, the people who used to wear turban (head dress) among nations were Arabs. So ‘Sahib-ut Taj’ mentioned in the Bible certainly means Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
QESTION: Why is it that while the other prophets foretell the coming of Muhammad (PBUH), Jesus (PUH) does so more fully and in the form of good news?
THE ANSWER: Because Ahmad (PBUH) defended Jesus (PBUH) against the terrible denials and slanders of the Jews, and saved his religion from corruption. Furthermore, in the face of the burdensome Shari’a of the Children of Israel, who did not recognize Jesus, he came with an elevated Shari’a which was easy, all-encompassing, and completed the deficiencies of Jesus’ Shari’a. For these reasons, Jesus often gave the good news that “the Ruler of the World” will come!
Sahihu’l-Bukhari, IV, 162- 163
Nabhani, Hujjatullah ala’l-Alamin, 99, 114.
 Nabhani, Hujjatullah ala’l-Alamin, 113,114; Ali al-Qari, Sharhu’sh-Shifa, 1:739.